APR 7-10 BAREFOOT IN THE PARK
JUL 14-17 GUYS & DOLLS
Two - 3 Hour Sessions Per Saturday:
9a-12 for Ages 12-17
12-3p for Ages 18 & Up
& Ages 18 & Up
• Breathing, air support, & vocal health
• Diction &t articulation
• Stylistic characteristics of tone - Vowel and consonant modification for choral singing vs. character singing vs. modern Broadway sound
• Singing harmonies/blending with a group
• Audition Information - How to choose a song, working with an accompanist, etc.
• Musical scene study - Combining vocals & acting
• Basic acting terminology and improvisation
• Becoming comfortable getting up in front of others.
• Monologues/scene study/blocking
• Perform memorized monologues
• Auditioning techniques
• The business of acting to include professional auditions and agents
• Combination class to include auditioning for summer show.
• Dance terminology in musical theatre
• Basic dance steps across the floor
• Basic turns
• Adding the “and”
• Triple steps
• Learning a combination
• What to expect at a dance audition
Aspiring actors with no experience and seasoned actors will both benefit from the exercises in these 3 disciplines. Classes will be limited to 20 students so ACT NOW (pun intended) and reserve your place!
No prior experience required. Reheasals are scheduled on Mon/Tues/Th from 6:30p-8:30p. Weekend rehearsals if necessary. Must have no conflicts the week before the show and the week of the show April 7-10.
MON, FEB 8 & TUES, FEB 9
UPSTAIRS OF OLD CITY HALL
Paul and Corie Bratter are newlyweds in every sense of the word. He's a straight-as-an-arrow lawyer and she's a free spirit always looking for the latest kick. Their new apartment is her most recent find-too expensive with bad plumbing and in need of a paint job. After a six day honeymoon, they get a surprise visit from Corie's loopy mother and decide to play matchmaker during a dinner with their neighbor-in-the-attic Velasco, where everything that can go wrong, does. Paul just doesn't understand Corie, as she sees it. He's too staid, too boring and she just wants him to be a little more spontaneous, running "barefoot in the park" would be a start...
Ensemble cast, Strong Role for Leading Man (Star Vehicle), Strong
Role for Leading Woman (Star Vehicle)
CORIE BRATTER - a free spirit, newlywed to Paul
PAUL BRATTER - a lawyer, newlywed to Corie
MRS. BANKS - Corie's mother
VICTOR VELASCO - the neighbor in the attic
TELEPHONE REPAIR MAN
PLEASE ARRIVE 15 MINUTES EARLY FOR AUDITIONS!
2016-17 SEASON TICKET OPTIONS
314 EAST MAIN STREET